Terms and conditions of access
I-MED operates an Online Patient Portal and Online Booking Systems and various websites (“collectively referred to as the Website”) which allows you, as a patient, access to booking appointments with I-MED and secure authenticated access to your images and radiology reports for any imaging services performed or provided by us and access to information in relation to I-MED’s service offerings (“Information”). The Website allows you to:
- request appointments;
- find I-MED clinics located near you;
- request support and provide feedback on our service; and
- locate other information about I-MED and its services.
- view your results (with some exceptions)
Before accessing Website you must read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions of this Website (“Agreement”). You can agree to the terms and conditions of the Agreement by providing your details and ticking the check box at the end of the Agreement. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you must immediately exit and not access or use the Website.
In this Agreement, "we", "us" ,"our" and “I-MED” means I-MED Radiology Network Limited (ACN 093 625 346) and its associated entities, and "you" and “your” means the individual patient or authorised representative of a patient entering into this Agreement with us.
Your obligations as a user of the Website
- As a condition of access to the Website you acknowledge and agree that all personal information you have provided us is true, accurate and current and that you will:
- notify us promptly if any of your personal information held by us changes or is inaccurate or incomplete;
- keep your username and password securely stored and absolutely confidential at all times and ensure that no other person is able to obtain your user name and password. That is, you must not provide them to any other person;
- change your password regularly;
- notify us immediately if your username and/or password has been lost or stolen;
- take all reasonable steps to maintain the security and integrity of your information systems, including by installing and maintaining appropriate malware prevention and detection programs, recognising the importance of maintaining security relating to the Website and ensuring that no other person can obtain access your account;
- notify us promptly if you become aware of any actual or threatened breach of security relating to the Website, and to take all steps reasonably required to assist us to manage or mitigate any risks and to investigate the threatened or actual breach;
- not infringe any intellectual property right of any person;
- not submit, post, upload, email or otherwise send or transmit to the Website anything that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, harm, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or equipment linked directly or indirectly to the Website; and
- not interfere with the Website or the servers or networks underlying or connected to the Website.
- You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs associated with your use of the Website, including without limitation, all telecommunication costs, data usage and systems to view information provided by the Website.
- Any registered account created is non-transferable. You may terminate any registered account at any time through the Website.
- You understand and acknowledge that mobile devices such as smart phones, tablet devices can increase risks of security breach above the risks related to fixed-position personal computers and you will personally maintain close security and control over any such device on which you access the Website so as to minimise the risk of unauthorised access to or use of the Website by means of such a device.
- You may not use the Website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair our servers or networks, or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the Website or the Information. You may not attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Websites, user accounts, or computer systems or networks, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
Your privacy and the privacy of others
- I-MED collects your personal information in this Agreement including your name, date of birth, and address.
- The purpose of collecting your personal information is to enable I-MED to verify your identity against our patient records and set up your access to our Website and to allow you to access the Website. We will use your personal information for this purpose.
- This Agreement incorporates I-MED’s Privacy Statement which explains how we collect, use and disclose personal information from you and should be read together with this Agreement (view our Privacy Statement).
- We will handle any personal information collected by us about you in accordance with our Privacy Statement. Our Privacy Statement includes information about how you may access your personal information or seek correction of personal information. It also includes information about how you may make a complaint about how your personal information has been handled.
- We may from time to time (with or without notice to you) update or amend these terms and conditions and our Privacy Statement by posting the changes on the Website and I-MED website (https://www.i-med.com.au/). The current version of the terms and conditions and Privacy Statement posted on the Website and I-MED website will apply each time you use the Website.
- Other provisions which govern your use of the Website and the Information may from time to time be provided to you by the online notices given during your access to the Website and the Information (“Additional Terms”), all of which are incorporated in these terms and conditions. To the extent there is any inconsistency between the Additional Terms and these terms and conditions, the Additional Terms prevail. Our employees and agents do not have individual discretion to vary these terms and conditions and you acknowledge that only the Additional Terms can vary these terms and conditions.
- The Website is provided on an “as available” basis and I-MED will not be liable if the Website is unavailable for any period. I-MED may, acting reasonably (with or without notice to you) temporarily suspend access to the Website or indefinitely close down the Website at any time.
- I-MED does not represent, warrant or undertake that this Website will be error, defect, “bug” or “virus” free.
- We may in our sole discretion temporarily suspend your access to the Website for reasons such as upgrades or modifications, or otherwise restrict your access to and use of the Website where we consider it reasonably necessary.
- If we reasonably form the view that your conduct may amount to a breach of any law, we may without notice to you refer your conduct to relevant regulatory authorities including, without limitation, State or Australian Federal Police and the Australian Information Commissioner.
- We will use our best efforts to provide you with the booking time that you have requested, however we are unable to guarantee your confirmed booking time due to staff absences or other patients medical emergencies.
- The Website contains information and Material intended for use by users in Australia only. Any use contrary to this is at your own risk and, to the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all and any liability to you or any third party for such use.
- The Website does not constitute medical advice unless expressly stated. If you require urgent medical attention, please do not use the Online Booking System, please call our clinics directly. If it is a medical emergency, please call 000.
- The Website may contain links to external websites that are not operated by us or our related bodies corporate. The links are provided for your convenience only. We are not responsible for the information contained in links from the Website or Information to other websites.
Intellectual Property and Confidential Information
- The entire contents and design subsisting in, relating to or arising out of the Website and available through or in connection with the Website including, but not limited to, copyright, logos, trade marks, designs, text, graphics, images, information, applications and other files and their selection and arrangement (“Website Content”), are the intellectual property of I-MED, our content providers or our licensors with all rights reserved. You must not do anything, or omit to do anything, which may infringe our intellectual property rights except where expressly authorised by this Agreement.
- You warrant that all information and data provided by you to us through the Website (including any part of the customer registration process) or otherwise is true, accurate, complete and up to date, and you have and will comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of the Website and Information and on-line appointment booking requests.
- You indemnify and hold us harmless in relation to all losses, damages, actions, claims, costs or expenses which may be brought against, suffered or incurred by us as a direct or indirect result of you failing to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any violation by you of any laws or the rights of any person inside and outside of Australia.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any direct or indirect consequential loss or damage rising in any way out of the use or interpretation of any imaging reports or test results available via the Website.
What happens if you are in breach of this Agreement?
- We may stop or restrict your access to the Website in our absolute discretion for any breach, suspected or likely breach by you of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or other terms and conditions notified to you from time to time.
- 69. This Agreement is governed by the laws of New South Wales (NSW), Australia. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of NSW.
Who can you contact if you have questions about the Website or this Agreement?
- All correspondence to I-MED including any queries you may have regarding the Website or this Agreement should be sent to:
Address: Privacy Officer, I-MED Radiology Network, Level 5, 24 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000